Saturday, April 5, 2014

31 Things

In honor of my 31st birthday today, here are 31 things I am completely grateful for and excited about:

1. My amazing tribe of family and friends who have supported, cared for, loved me the past few months.

2. My incredible medical team - the doctor at  Urgent Care who finally figured out what was wrong and sent me to the hospital for surgery, and my incredible surgeon.

3. My family being close by so I could live with them while I recover.

4. Our family cat, my snuggly nurse.

5. Friends who have encouraged, supported and inspired me!

6. The timing of this emergency....mom was on spring break, so she had a week off and could stay with me in the hospital and care for me at home for most of it.

7. For my dad and sister who's schedules are flexible enough to help with all the random things I needed...checking on my apartment, getting my mail, etc.

8. Having incredible insurance!

9. Having an incredible job and company who is eager for me to return to work when I am well and has been super supportive in the process.

10. Walking for the first time in two weeks without a walker yesterday when I went to the doctor to get my staples out!!

11. Sunshine and blue sky.

12. Bird songs in the morning.

13. Time to read, write, sleep and meditate.

14. Mom's home cooked food.

15. Cards, gifts, flowers, visits and love. Lots of love. :)

16. I was given the okay to start walking more...looking forward to VERY SLOW (to start) walks on the river trail in the weeks to come...looking forward to fresh air!

17. Ginger tea. Enough said.

18. A fresh take on this grand adventure we call life.

19. The power of our bodies to heal, renew and amaze us!

20. Coconut body butter.

21. Pinterest. While sitting in my recliner, I've been planning vacations, gardens and menus with that! It's magical!

22. Knowing I'm not alone.

23. Kayak season is closer...looking forward to it already!

24. Being off coffee/caffeine 40 days so far....massive stomach pain gets you off certain vices.

25. Laughter doesn't hurt as bad anymore...thank god! Belly laughs are such good medicine and my family is great at making sure I get some daily.

26. Soon I'll be able to sit up in a straighter chair and PAINT! I can't wait!! Watercolors here I come!

27. Food tastes good for the first time in over a month and I can keep it down. I can also lay on my sides for short periods for the first time in 1.5 months. Pure bliss!!

28. Looking forward to hugging, snuggling, visiting, laughing and loving on my tribe.

29. Farmers markets will start soon - organic produce!! YUM!!

30. Sunshine and feeling a bit stronger means soon I'll be able to sit on the patio in the fresh air.

31. This too shall pass. My mantra for right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment